I recently spent a long weekend in Asheville, North Carolina with 3 of my girlfriends. We went to see the fall foliage, tour the Biltmore, shop and eat. I had never been to North Carolina and I was thrilled to go.
We stayed at the Hotel Indigo in downtown Asheville. The hotel is new and very hip. I thought it might be a little out of my comfort zone, however, I loved everything about it. Great rooms, great staff, great food and most of all, a great location. We were just blocks away from the heart of Asheville, a mecca for shopping and great dining. For other lodging accomodations, I have heard wonderful things about The Grove Park Inn and The Inn on Biltmore Estate.
Here is my list of a few of the highlights of my trip:
1. BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY ~ Drive up the Parkway and see the fall foliage. It is absolutely breathtaking.
2. THE BILTMORE ~ Tour the beautiful estate built by George Vanderbuilt nestled on 8,000 acres in the mountains of Asheville. I plan to post more about The Biltmore soon.
3. Cucina 24 ~ The Italian food, atmosphere and the staff make this an amazing and memorable experience.
4. MAYFEL’S ~ Down-home southern creole food. I had the crab cake hamburger and it was mouthwaatering delicious.
5. THE MARKET PLACE ~ Specializing in American farm-to-table cuisine with a menu that is unique and delicious.
I would highly recommend Asheville, North Carolina. It is a true gem nestled in the Smoky Mountains.