We just finished an installation at one of my favorite client’s beautiful home. As with all my clients, I met this client in her home to review the scope of the project and to determine what the client envisions for the space. After the initial meeting, the real fun begins. I go to the workroom and pull fabric and trim samples and then on to selecting furnishings and accessories. After I compile all the ingredients for the perfect room, I create a storyboard for the client.
I love presentations with my clients. It is like preparing for Christmas. The conference room is prepared for client visits. The table is dressed with a linen tablecloth, linen napkins, fresh flowers, and petit fours to enjoy during the presentation. I love seeing the excitement in my client’s eyes when they see how very special we think they are. It is like watching your children on Christmas morning when I reveal their storyboard. It is their story-full with all the joys and memories they foresee making in this new space.
The greatest gift of all is seeing your client’s dreams come true. During installation, each new piece of furniture placed is like unwrapping a package. I never tire of watching each piece of furniture come through the door.
As you can see from above, my client wanted a warm and cozy space, yet tailored and sophisticated.
I think it is a beautiful room!
Do you think the room is warm and cozy? Please weigh in and let us know your thoughts.
1. Chair Fabric by F. Schumacher – Mandalay Tree, color Document
2. Coffee Table by Jonathon Charles – Rectangular Parquet Coffee Table
3. Ottomon Fabric by B. Berger – #1181-10 Lynx
4. Sofa Fabric by B. Berger – #1953-09 Taupe/Spice
5. Lamp by The Natural Light – Port Morgan
6. Chair Fabric by F. Schumacher – Mandalay Tree, color Document
7. Wall Paint Color by Sherwin Williams, Chat Room
8. Three Finger Pinch Pleat Drape
9. Accessories provided by client
10. Sofa Table by Jonathon Charles – Walnut Leaf Table