Last weekend my husband and I went to Santa Fe with 3 other couples to celebrate a dear friend’s 50th birthday. We only stayed 2 nights due to everyone’s over crowded schedule, but we certainly made every minute count.
We arrived being greeted by a very professional, friendly staff at the ROSEWOOD INN OF THE ANASAZI, I feel you can always count on Rosewood Hotels. When my husband and I head to Santa Fe with our 4 boys, we always stay at THE BISHOP’S LODGE, but a couples weekend is perfect to stay in the heart of the city and The Anasazi is a quintessential, Santa Fe, boutique hotel.
So, the following are my “have to’s” for a 48 hour trip to Santa Fe!!!
1. LA BOCA ~ this is a wonderful place for a quick appetizer ~ their tapas are wonderful. You feel as if you are out of the country.
2. THE SHED ~ Although this is an institution, you just have to go and have the stacked blue-corn enchiladas!!
3. THE REEL LIFE SANTA FE ~ This is a local guide service that provides professional guide services on hundreds of miles of public waters and on several private fisheries. The men loved this experience!!
4. GERONIMOS ~ This was a restaurant on the infamous Canyon Road. It was excellent and the food and wine exceeded my expectations. It is in an old house and the charm is fabulous!!
5. LE BON MARCHE ~ This is a cannot miss store with wonderful French fabric made into bags, beach chairs, placemats, towels, espadrilles………… you must visit!
6. TODOS SANTOS ~ A must see, Santa Fe original!! This a candy/chocolate store unlike any you have ever seen. It is near THE SHED…..
Well, I hope that gives you a glimpse into a few highlights of a weekend in Santa Fe. I have been going all my life, but never had experienced it with only couples for 2 nights!!